In literacy narrative essay I told the story someone who taught me how to write a paper and helped me to improve my writing skills. In contrast, for my ad analysis I analyzed perfume advertisement. As we know, rhetorical situation usually talks about purpose, audience, genre and tone. However, rhetorical situations won’t be same in writings, for example in literacy narrative and ad analysis.
In literacy narrative purpose is to tell the well-told story, focus in a single point and include vivid details. In contract for ad analysis purpose is different, it is critical analyze of the advertisement. It has to answer questions why I analyze text, focus on a specific point; make strong argument and thesis statement. Although for my essays audience is different to each other, audience for literacy narrative is teacher and students, and for my ad analysis audience is women. Genre is different type for my essays too, in literacy narrative is well-told story, memory, and for ad is analyzing advertisement included with text. In other hand, tone is different too; I’m not giving same style, since I’m approaching differently with my subjects and audience in those essays.
By comparing those two essays both have beginning and ending. In both essays beginning has to be attractive to catch reader’s attention, and make reader interested by subject.
By using rhetorical situations, it makes our paper to write strong statements and catch reader’s attention. All those rhetorical situations have their own purpose to be easily understandable our essays to our audience.
p.s. I commented on those ads
p.s. I commented on those ads
- http://janes101blog-11.blogspot.com/2011/10/analyzing-ad.html#comments
- http://sevda-engl101-21.blogspot.com/2011/10/assignment-5-miss-dior-cherie-ad.html#comments

No comments:
Post a Comment