Do I think my writing has improved during this short time? I don’t have a strong, arguable answer yet. I can say neither “yes” nor “no”. In these weeks we had assigned two different types of essays literacy narrative and ad analysis. I would say, these essays were very challenging for me write. I kind of struggled by writing about my life, or past experiences, so my first essay about literacy narrative was very tough. I tried very hard whole day and night just to figure out which writing experience I wanted to write. And when I finally decided and started writing I knew that paper wouldn’t be great. So I was right, I didn’t write it well. However, I want to point out that I always have strong feelings about my papers when I write clearly, strongly and well written papers, and I also know when my papers are just piece of junk. When I was given writing assignments I was lost at where to begin. But after reading “The Norton Filed Guide to Writing’s” essays and discussing in class, it gave me clear understanding what, and how to write about given topics. However, getting my thoughts down on paper is still the hardest part for me. I have strong hope to overcome my difficulties and learn to write. Also this class gave me deep understanding about rhetorical situations. Now I know more deeply and it is clear for me content of purpose, audience, genre and tone. I try to make more sense in my writing about rhetorical situations. I consider writing a good way to improve critical thinking in life. I truly believe that I will achieve my goals in writing, and also end of this semester this class will improve my abilities in writing, and this achievement and progress will be well seen in my papers. Friday, October 14, 2011
Assignment # 7 reflection, reflection, reflection!!!....
Do I think my writing has improved during this short time? I don’t have a strong, arguable answer yet. I can say neither “yes” nor “no”. In these weeks we had assigned two different types of essays literacy narrative and ad analysis. I would say, these essays were very challenging for me write. I kind of struggled by writing about my life, or past experiences, so my first essay about literacy narrative was very tough. I tried very hard whole day and night just to figure out which writing experience I wanted to write. And when I finally decided and started writing I knew that paper wouldn’t be great. So I was right, I didn’t write it well. However, I want to point out that I always have strong feelings about my papers when I write clearly, strongly and well written papers, and I also know when my papers are just piece of junk. When I was given writing assignments I was lost at where to begin. But after reading “The Norton Filed Guide to Writing’s” essays and discussing in class, it gave me clear understanding what, and how to write about given topics. However, getting my thoughts down on paper is still the hardest part for me. I have strong hope to overcome my difficulties and learn to write. Also this class gave me deep understanding about rhetorical situations. Now I know more deeply and it is clear for me content of purpose, audience, genre and tone. I try to make more sense in my writing about rhetorical situations. I consider writing a good way to improve critical thinking in life. I truly believe that I will achieve my goals in writing, and also end of this semester this class will improve my abilities in writing, and this achievement and progress will be well seen in my papers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment