Friday, October 28, 2011

Assignment # 9 "Never be Blind to Your Own Errors!..."

Oh... errors, errors, errors!!!...  It is something that drives me crazy about my writing. Sometimes it seems impossible not to make mistakes. Not to make errors, or make fewer errors needs a hard work.  Some people believe that people learn on their own mistakes and experiences. Yes, I agree with this statement, and I believe that people learn on their own mistakes. When I write essay and then review a graded essay with comments on it, I have an idea what mistakes I make over and over. However, I try not to make the same mistakes over and over, and have strong will to improve my errors for my next paper.
After reviewing my papers I find out that my weak sides in writing is clarification, concise, and run-on sentences. 

  • Sometimes I write paragraph, try to analysis an article or writers idea in which I make a statement of purpose. After writing a purpose, I find myself that I need to clarify my statement. I may have statement but it should be exactly clear and easy to understand my statement, opinion, or attitude toward my topic.
  • I also make concise errors. I usually use more words and including extra or unnecessary information. For example, in my ad analysis I wrote, “ In general, advertisements have several different symbolic messages, which strives to reach their target audience. The goal of advertisers is to deeply touch people’s phycology. Advertisers try to attack consumers with pleasing images to pay our attention to their advertisement. “ In first sentence I wrote what is advertisement goal, however in second sentence which I marked in red I include same and extra information, which I should have taken out or change with other idea. 
  • My other problem is run-on sentences. I know the rule of run-on sentence that it has to have two parts of sentence, which smoothly joined together instead of connected too long sentence. But sometimes it’s hard to realize when sentences are correctly join to each other. When I think that sentence is not run-on, it appears that I am wrong and sentence is extremely long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment